We have teamed up with the guys at CameraCal to deliver a new workshop, From capture all the way to print. CameraCal offer a range of services that will be available to you including accurate calibration of lenses as well as sensor cleans.
Working with lightweight location lighting, this workshop will break down the techniques and skills needed to create beautiful images in order make the most of any location, from start to finish. From how to use flash lighting in a way that looks natural, working with models all the way to editing the images in Photoshop, showing you the full workflow. You will even get to print your images at the end.
This workshop will cover the following:
- Working with off camera flash- the equipment needed and how it works
- Lighting techniques – ways to disguise flash lighting to look natural
- How and when to use different qualities of light to shape your light and your subjects
- Multiple setups with our model for you to shoot and experiment with
- How to get the best out of any location using lighting
- Model direction – how to work with models to get the best out of the collaboration
- Tips and Tricks
- Start to finish workflow
- Efficient image import and selection
- How to edit skin without losing texture
- Dodging and burning – for contrast as well as skin editing
- Colour grading
- Preparing for print and printing – Facilities will be available for you to have professional level printing done at the end of the day.
This one day workshop is suitable for photographers who have:
- Basics of how to use your camera in manual mode. To know how to change your aperture, shutter speed and ISO
- A basic knowledge of layer masks and adjustment layers within Photoshop. Using layer masks is fundamental to my workflow.
Please bring with you:
- A laptop to bring with you for the photoshop tuition. Bonus points if you have a Wacom tablet or similar but this is not a necessity.
- Your own Speedlights if you have them so you can be familiar with working with your own equipment. Alternatively if it’s something you’re looking to invest in you don’t need bring your own, this is the opportunity to give it a go and get some tips on what gear to get
Our prices include all tuition during the workshop, a buffet lunch, tea and coffee service.