A while back i won a competition hosted by Udi Tirosh at DIYPhotography.net It was for their "How I Took It" contest, to which i submitted my tutorial for "How to Make a Rain Machine." Now that i have received all of the prizes I thought it about time I made a post about it. Some of them i will be reviewing in separate blog posts over the coming weeks.
There was an exceptional number of sponsors for the competition, donating upwards of £4500 worth of equipment. The original list included a Nikon D7000 and lens from B&H but instead they sent me $1200 in vouchers, this worked out better as I did not need the camera. I bought Sigma's new 35mm f1.4 Art lens and Nikons 50mm f1.4 AF-D lenses with the vouchers instead which is absolutely perfect!
It was a brilliant experience, and a great way to start the year. Many thanks to Udi and all the sponsors!
- DIYPhotography Products
- B&H Photo Video ( Vouchers)
- Lensbaby (Pro effects Kit)
- Rosco (LitePad Loop Kit)
- Tamron (10-20mm Lens)
- ThinkTank (Airport Int. V2.0 Rolling Bag)
- 3 Legged Thing ("Eric" Carbon Fiber Tripod and Head)
- Tabelz (Laptop Support System)
- Datacolor (Spyder4Pro Display Claibration Unit)
- Custom SLR (M-plate Pro + Pro Dot)
- Joby (Gorrilapod Focus + Ball Head X Bundle)
- SLR Lounge (Lightroom Tutorials and Preset System Package)